Friday 21 June 2013

Jackie the Brave

[caption id="attachment_5950" align="alignleft" width="300"]Jackie and Mike Jamieson Jackie and Mike Jamieson[/caption]

Ahead of the Magnificent 7's National 3 Peaks Challenge this weekend, we have news that Instore's Jackie Jamieson has been blazing a trail up Ben Nevis already! She has a valuable insight re the 'on the ground' conditions up there, so I hope they're reading this and take note...

On behalf of MacMillan Cancer my husband and I along with close friends  climbed Ben Nevis on Saturday 15th June.

My day started at 4.30am in the morning by taking my daughter Lauren to the airport (she was heading off as a dance teacher in Camp America).

I had to pull myself together to get on the bus for 6am. 3 hours later greeted with a bacon butty and a pep talk before we set off at 10.30.

[caption id="attachment_5951" align="alignleft" width="300"]What an amazing view! What an amazing view![/caption]

Views were incredible, we stopped at various points just to take it all in. Towards the peak we hit heavy snow and ice. Once at the top you couldn’t see a thing , it was like pea soup.

I met so many lovely people along the way all spurring one another on. I had no doubts about completing the challenge but admit it was a lot tougher than I expected.

Needless to say was all forgotten about by the time we all reached the pub.

Got home at midnight exhausted but already thinking about  the next Charity Challenge.

[caption id="attachment_5953" align="alignleft" width="640"]Team picture with banner proudly on display - well done all Team picture with banner proudly on display - well done all![/caption]

Thanks Jackie - facing a challenge with friends must have helped make it a great day! I was surprised you found snow at the top in June, but then we have had a long winter and I've just remembered from my school geography that Ben Nevis is only a few feet short of the permanent snow line for Britain!

1 comment:

  1. Mark Cashmore, Chief Executive23 June 2013 at 15:04

    Sounds like a very full and packed day, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete