The National Newspaper Office's elite sports division, NNO Athletic, will be training hard and taking part in a number of sports challenges. With your support, we hope to make the training and effort worthwhile by raising lots of donations along the way for our team's chosen charities.
*The sports challenge schedule*
It kicks off in June during Community Week, and our NNO Athletic athletes - Gavin Fraser, Sam Blackman, Chris Atherton and Ken - will between the 4 of us swim, bike, and run a combined distance of 190 miles through the following events:
- From S to N day ride: 24th June - Ken & completed - showing pictorial evidence!
- Windermere Olympic Triathlon: 1st July - Ken & Chris (brrr, Lake Windermere will be cold. From S to N cyclist, Steven Clark says 'it's normal'!)
- Milton Keynes Half Marathon: 8th July - Sam
- London Sprint and Olympic Triathlon: 22nd & 23rd Sept - Ken and Gavin (a swim in Docklands, nice!)
- Harvest Trail Half Marathon: 23rd Sept - Sam (as Ken points out, he'll be running a marathon in total, with just a couple of months or so between the halves)
Our chosen team charities are:
All donations will be split equally between these three charities and NNOAthletic have set up a Virgin Money Giving page for your donations :)
Looking forward to reporting your progress in Dispatches guys!