Wednesday 13 June 2012

Getting Ready to Stroll...

You may remember Mark Silver from BLS is Strolling Around Kirklees in a couple of weeks time. Mark has taken time out from training to update us on how he's getting on...

As I'm sure you all know, I will be taking part in a 72 mile walk during Community Week. After a false start some weeks ago, my training is now starting to gather pace, and I have been managing to walk between 10 and 12 miles per day over the last couple of weeks. This will start to increase up until the day I set off.

Unfortunately, many of the other Community Week fundraisers recently have involved cake, which means I might need to start training even harder! My walking at the moment is geared towards walking to and from walk via longer routes than usual. Luckily the area is blessed with some great country paths and countryside, and I'm never short of finding a new route to explore.

If you would like to help me raise money for the National Literacy Trust, you can sponsor me at my Just Giving page. A PDF sponsor form is also available on request.

Thank you Mark - we look forward to hearing all about how you got on in a few weeks time and seeing your photos!

1 comment:

  1. Mark Cashmore, Chief Executive17 June 2012 at 06:13

    it sounds like you've had fun exploring your local area and enjoying all that cake!

    ReplyDelete