Tuesday 13 March 2012

A Note of Thanks

My sincere thanks and appreciation to each and every member of staff who shared in Michael’s journey to qualify for the Olympics (I’m still getting goose bumps when I say that).

The messages of support after he missed out the 100m really helped him to stay focussed.

The 200m was his main event and prior to his race he sent a brief text message to his sister Lauren to say ‘I’m ready for this’.

I feel as though I took every stroke of that race with him, to see his time flash up on the scoreboard and announce that he had made the qualifying time was absolutely amazing.

Immediately afterwards the messages from friends and fellow colleagues came rolling in and I hope I managed to respond to everyone.

Michael has declined the option of a week’s holiday – he’s gone straight back to training this morning to work on his next race at the Olympics.

I cannot thank everyone enough for the kind wishes of support and messages of congratulations.

Jackie

Update: Since I scheduled Jackie's note to go up this morning, Michael added a comment to last week's Michael's In! post as follows:

Thanks everyone for all the amazing messages, they made such a difference last week – especially after missing out on selection in the 100m!
I’m so relieved to have made it, I didn’t realise how nervous I was until the last few days but it’s now sinking in and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!
I didn’t swim as fast as I was expecting/hoping and it was tough to lose both titles but there is definitely more in the tank and I’m thoroughly looking forward to the next few months!
Hope to do you all proud, thanks again for all the messages of support, really appreciate them all!

1 comment: