Thursday 7 July 2011

Commercial raise funds for CRUK

[caption id="attachment_1130" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Before the start[/caption]

Nora Roth, Wakefield House, PA to Jonathan Bunting, ran a Race for Life recently and raised a fantastic £256 for Cancer Research UK.  Nora tells us how she got on:

"Well I managed to complete the 5k course in Salisbury with my niece Lindsay, my sister-in-law Adie and the rest of team “Miss Chris”.  We jogged/walked the course in quite a respectable time I thought, of around 45 mins. It was a boiling hot day and no training or preparation took place before hand.  Well that’s not strictly true as 2 days before the event I decided to get my feet in shape for the race and give them a “home” pedicure!!  Big mistake, as I managed to gouge a big chunk out of my heel which wouldn’t stop bleeding and needless to say, a bit sore!

Anyway, the important news is that with your support and generosity we have raised a brilliant £256 for Cancer Research UK.  Thanks to everyone for their donations."

[caption id="attachment_1131" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Medals at the end, Nora on the left[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment