Tuesday 7 August 2012

Jaimie Completes Her Legacy Run

A little while ago we reported on BLS's Jaimie Dorward's intention to run to raise funds for the National Autistic Society. Here's Jaimie to report on a job well done...

I have finally completed my 5k run and £835 so far for National Autistic Society.

The 5k was a Legacy Event that was in Warrington on 22nd July. They run Legacy events throughout the country so people can run for their own reason.

[caption id="attachment_3955" align="alignright" width="224"] Aaron proudly waving his flag to celebrate his mum's achievement :)[/caption]

To keep me motivated and on track I ran with my friend who is super fit and competes regularly in Iron Woman competitions in UK & Europe, I managed to finish in 47 minutes! – I was very impressed given that 6 months ago I wouldn’t have even walked a mile. Next time I’ll target under 45 minutes.

People can still sponsor me on my Just Giving page.

A fantastic achievement Jaimie, and great to see you're thinking about the next time!

1 comment:

  1. Mark Cashmore, Chief Executive7 August 2012 at 02:30

    You must be pleased to achieved so much with your run in such a short time, well done.

    ReplyDelete