Thursday 10 March 2011

Running out of ideas? Help the homeless

[caption id="attachment_282" align="alignleft" width="250" caption="In 2010 Jeremy ran the London Marathon in costume!"][/caption]

Jeremy Mirams, Key Account Manager in the Trade Marketing Team, is just one member of staff in the Group running this year’s London Marathon. This will be Jeremy’s 4th London Marathon and 6th marathon overall.

A keen runner, Jeremy has put a lot of effort into his training – running before and after work and putting in long runs at the weekend, together with weight training, swimming and cycling.
"It’s taken a great deal of motivation to prepare for this marathon – I’ve even had to give up my Friday night fish and chips!"

Last year Jeremy ran the marathon dressed as Woody from Toy Story and attempted a Guinness World Record as fastest cartoon character.
“I didn’t win, but I did place 3rd behind Fred Flintstone and Buzz Lightyear! It was a bit hot in the costume though and it gave me cramp about 6 miles from the finish. This year there’ll be no costume – I want to beat my personal best of 3 hours 22 minutes and I can’t afford any hindrances!”

[caption id="attachment_283" align="alignleft" width="250" caption="Jeremy out running in his local club colours"][/caption]

 

Jeremy is looking for sponsorship to run the marathon as he is supporting a very worthwhile cause - the charity Shelter, which looks after people with housing needs.
“Going out to train in the mornings in the freezing cold and rain is very hard. But each day on my runs I see the same chap sleeping rough in the park, obviously homeless. This certainly influenced my decision to support the charity Shelter.”

 

If you go to Jeremy’s Just Giving website page you can donate instantly using a debit or credit card. It takes only a minute and your money will go to a great cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Mirams

No comments:

Post a Comment